ICELAND – Golden Circle & Ring Road 2017
DATE: 6 – 12 Feb
15 – 21 Feb
- Ground Arrangement Package (7 Days 6 Nights) – Price RM 2, 950.00
- Mode of Transportation / Accommodation – Travel by MPV / Stay in Apartment / Hotel
- Note: Flight suggestion from Kuala Lumpur to London, Amsterdam or etc (KLM,Qatar, Emirates, etc) and from Amsterdam to Reykjavik (ICELANDAIR). There are also cheaper option, from Kuala Lumpur to any point in the west Europe and fly to Reykjavik via low cost carrier (EasyJet). We highly advise / suggest participants to arrive one day earlier before day of trip. Don’t worry, Tripadikberadik will arrange / booking your accommodation for those who came early.
ITINERARY FOR 7 DAYS 6 NIGHTS
DAY 1: REYKJAVIK – BLUE LAGOON
- Today is going to be the city visit. It is good able know in deep the historic and culture side of the Icelandic people. Since the rest of the tour are concentrated on nature side, why not make a day for historic and culture visit. As the largest city and most populated city in the country, Reykjavik offer few museums and historic landmarks such as Hallgrimskirja church, the scuplture of Sun Voyager, National Museum of Iceland and Arbaejarsafn Historic Museum. If time allow, we may extend our visit to other landmarks.
- In the afternoon, just after the lunch we going to warm up our body at the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa. It is about 45 minutes drive from the city. This man-made spa is on the the top 10 list of the must visit place in Iceland.
- Then, drive back to Reykjavik and stay another night at the same place.
DAY 2: GOLDEN CIRCLE ROAD
- Early in the morning, pick-up the vehicle and depart to Thingvellir National Park. The journey takes approximately 40 minutes.
- Our second visit in this golden circle road is the magnificent creation of Strokkur Geyser about an hour drive from Thingvellir.
- The next stop is Gullfoss waterfall. During the winter time, the surrounding area are covered with white icy landscape.
- Our last stop before depart back to Reykjavik is a rarely seen creation which Kerid Crater Lake. It is one of a few volcanic crater lake in the country.
- In the late evening, it takes about 1 hour drive to our accommodation at Reykjavik City. Have a good rest and sleep.
DAY 3: SELJALANDSFOSS – SKOGAFOSS SOLHEIMASANDUR – VIK
- Today is officially our Janam Janam / Gerua day. Right after the breakfast, check-out and depart to Seljalandfoss waterfall which takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Drive slow and steady enjoy the view along journey.
- Next stop is the very famous plane crash are of Solheimasandur. Be preprared to walk (on your feet) for about 4km to the plane crash site. Dont worry, it is not that far anyway plus you not going to sweat.
- We going to enjoy the sunset at the very dark Reynisfjara beach which is a black sandy beach (we have one in Langkawi).
- Then after that, depart to Vik. Stay here for another night.
DAY 4: SKAFTAFELL – JOKULSARLON – HOFN
- Another dilwale day, today we are going to hike a bit. Not that far, just about 5.5km or 2 hour of hiking. There are magnificent views of mountains, waterfalls and lakes along the journey.
- Then, after having our lunch and regain back the energy to the next stop which is Jokulsarlon, the iceberg lagoon.
- Today we stay at Hofn. The journey takes approximately 1 hour drive from the previous stop.
DAY 5: EASTERN COASTLINE (BERUFJORDUR – OXI – SEYDISJFORDUR)
- Along the way will STOP anywhere we want
- In addition, there are also a famous Stafdalur Ski Resort.
- Then, we stay at this city or at the neighboring town of Egilsstadir.
DAY 6: MYVATN – AKUREYRI
- Today we going to visit Myvatn area and then spend our last night at Akureyri. Since this is our last night here in Iceland, hopefully our eyes will catch the dancing northen light (aurora).
- From Egilsstadir, it takes about 2 hours to reach Myvatn area. There are various attraction such as Namafjall mountain and Hverir hot spring at Myvatn area.
- Then, if time allows, we might have our last visit of the day to the Dimmuborgir lava field.
- At the end of the day, we depart to Akureyri for our last night accomodation. It takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to reach Akureyri.
DAY 7: AKUREYRI – REYKJAVIK
- Today is our last day and we need to return the car late in the evening. But dont rush, there are still plenty of time.
- The journey from Akureyri to Reykjavik takes about 4 hours and 45 minutes. Along the journey, we will stops as necessary as we meet beautiful mountain, lakes, river and others.